Our first deadline when everyone was assigned their parts was the end of August. I finished my piece in the end of October, and the last of us finished at the end of December... After 3 days of unsuccessful compilation of the final individual pieces, Kirbopher sent the files to
JohnnyUtah and just like that, he got it done and Kirb submitted it. (=
I hated the crap we had to go thru compiling the first collab, and after working like a madman to get my piece done, I never wanted to be part of a collab again... But Kirbopher soon had scripts written out for the sequel, and I gained interest when I read my piece 'Pokemon Snap XXX'.
My piece was originally supposed to be about 10 seconds long, and not nearly as explicit... Of course I fattened it up, and blurred it out. I originally had all the pokebabes wearing clothes/swimsuits, but I thought as a 'sequel' to my Ash v Pikachu piece in the first collab, I should add blurrs and make it 'mature quality', SO I DID! When I handed my piece back to Kirb, he said it may be too explicit to put in, but after a check with the other artists, outside opinions, and my nagging, he kept it in. (= It seems I polarized some viewers with my piece, I hope it doesn't take anything away from the other pieces. You wont see anything quite as explicit from me for a while.
I watched the finished piece last night, along with everyone else, and I loved every piece of it, and I thought I could provide my own review for the artists who put so much work into it, even if they brush off my opinion:
- I thought it turned out well.. AND THERE'S A SCENE SELECT THIS TIME!
- I liked the fast pace and the smooth-'bubbly' type animation.
- I've never played it, but it was nice watching him eat shit.
- The emotion switch and animation work great - I love when he pops into Joey's piece.
- I did not expect the ending to this piece, found it pretty funny.
- I loved seeing Kirby in my voice. (= This was the first piece I saw of the collab, and it gave me some oomph inspiration when I was working on my piece. The color, animation and style are off the charts.
- Shows great emotion in the animation, and the voices really get me into it.
- ....Awe-inspiring animation on the fox part, soo smooth. Snappness = hawt too.
- LOL That is so FRUSTRATING! I love the face the guy makes - AWESOME!
- More smooth animation, and great coloring.
- Eeeeew... I find myself quoting the line tho - 'THATS EVEN BETTER!'.
- I liked the use of the line tool, and the smooth lipsyncing and transitions.
- Perhaps my favorite piece, because of the voice acting and animation style/expression he gave the characters.
- AAAH! LOL! FRUSTRATING! Also another great piece, i love it.
- Cute. Dedede has a great set of expressions throughout the piece, I like his smile. (=
- Blurrs - WOOT! I LOVE the piece added at the end - 'WTFs THE PAUSE BUTTON!', cherry. (=
- Grrr... Marth... I like the inturruption tho - WANNA HELP SAVE MY GIRLFRIEND?!
- More smooth animation and good expressions on the faces. I like how you used my final 'heee...yay' at the end, sooo cute!
- 'uh-huh...' Animation is great, awesome expression/motion on the characters.
- I was wondering this myself. Funny meeting at the end. (=
- LOL - long setup, but it was worth it. I loved watching the S-guy breaking into pieces, and the 8-bit SFX added hilarity.
- Nice animation, GREAT expressions! METAL GEAR! Jiggly's cute. The trophies are AWESOME! I wish there was a pause botton, so I could look at those- they go by too fast! Great ending.
The voice acting for every piece was great! Voices are critical for setting scenes up, and they really did a bang-up job setting the tone. (=
I created some wallpapers for this collab, uploaded them on my site:
I am proud to be included in this collab with some of the best animators I've seen, you guys made this turn out great. Thank you very much Tom for sponsoring us!
Go watch it!